Tuesday, March 11, 2008

#22 Week 9 eBooks and Audio ebooks

I love audio books - well at least when I was commuting to school I did. I will still look forward to visiting the World eBook Fair from July 4th - August 4th to download my choice of free audio books! Maybe by then I will even have an iPod to play them on.

As for the Gutenberg Project - WOW! 1000s more reasons to sit in front of my computer! This is great for students when funding is close to, or nonexistent. I saw that Flatland was in the top 100 downloads - a book that I purchased last year for a math class. And several other books that have been on my reading list for years are listed. I could spend way too much time wandering on these sites!

4 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Good to see you are enjoying your discovery learning adventure.

Library Lady said...

Do you have print e-books in your library collection? I tried them for the first time this year and am very disappointed. I ordered short nonfiction books hoping to entice kids to read them in one sitting, as I think downloading them and picking up where they left off is not the best way to introduce them to the media. But with the Follett e-books, the software does not record usuage unless the user downloads the book. So I do not have statistics about how often the books are being used.

Also, with Follett e-books, only one user at a time can use an e-book. I spoke to a Gale representative who said any number of users can read their e-books simultaneously.

Teresa in Ojai said...

I do not have e-books in my library, and I will keep your comments in mind. My interest in visiting the World e-Book Fair was strictly for personal use. :)

bibliofan said...

I too love audio books! I commute and go through lots of them. Thanks for letting me know about the World E-Book Fair. It sounds interesting. I am sure you will finish up the SLL 2.0 in time.

Blogroll