Monday, March 10, 2008

#21 Week 9

I just read an email that said this is the last week for winter2.0 fun! ack! I really want to finish this program this time.

So I have been looking at podcast sites and listening to podcasts. I saw a very interesting idea at Education Podcasts Network for elementary podcasts of 1st graders stories being read by the authors and the parents were very impressed. What a great idea!

My husband listens to a radio show regularly that is also podcast, so if he misses a show he can go download the podcast and still hear it. Technology - what wonderful stuff.

Here's the one I liked best - I found a podcast by Avi talking about his Newbery winner - Crispin. He is one of my favorite authors! I found this by doing an audio search for children's authors on yahoosearch.

1 comment:

Library Lady said...

Thanks for introducing me to the idea of finding authors talking about their work! I've been cheering people through this process this winter and your ideas just made it soooo worth my time! My middle schhool has parent conferences this week that give me some time at my desk in the afternoon. The sixth grade core teachers use the library for conferencing, so I'm not open to students. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Blogroll